Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gem mining without the kids

Adam and I took off for a few days for some R&R. Little did we know gem mining is a lot of work. I mean hauling 5 gallon buckets full of dirt back and forth up a hill 50 times a day. We were so wore out we were asleep not long after sunset every night.

These are saphires. I know they look like rocks. I did not know there are 57 different types of saphires. This once cut is a smoky purplish color. I have some getting cut and will share them in a few weeks once I get them back.

These are Rubies. The one of the right side of the quarter was my big find. It is 170 CT. These rubies are a smoky pink color. Getting one cut and again will show later.

I know it looks as though I am nude here but I promise I was wearing a swim suit! This was our view of the sunset from the hot tub.

No comments: